|Updated: March 4, 2014
We are an American law firm practising exclusively US immigration and citizenship law. We continue the work begun in 1978 when one of our two founders, Edward Gudeon, established London’s first law office dealing solely with US visas, US citizenship, and maintenance of US lawful permanent resident (‘green card’) status.
Our business clients now include FTSE 100 companies and major businesses in the sectors of energy, technology, manufacturing, finance, consultancy, media and entertainment. We also represent small- and medium-sized enterprises on a full range of temporary and permanent visa issues.
We also assist families who desire to move to the United States either through family-sponsored immigration (both same- and opposite-sex marriages) or through use of a family business as a sponsor.
Individuals who are ineligible to use the Visa Waiver Program/ESTA or who are ineligible for visas to the United States (for example by reason of criminal convictions or previous immigration violations) come to us for advice on their options for travelling to the US, including assistance in the complex area of waivers of ineligibility.
In the field of US citizenship law we advise people on the acquisition of US citizenship and help those who wish to give up their US citizenship by expatriation or renunciation.
Here on our website you will find information and assistance on a great many topics in US immigration law, covering these areas:
- Family-based immigrant visas (Articles 2, 10, 11, 19, 21 and 23)
- Business-based (work) nonimmigrant and immigrant visas (Articles 1, 4, 5, 8, 9, 12, 15, 16 and 18)
- US citizenship (acquisition and loss) (Articles 3, 14 and 22)
- Travelling to the US without a visa (Articles 6 and 15)
- Denials, criminal convictions, ineligibilities and waivers (Articles 7, 13, 17 and 20), including the special situation of drink driving (Article 17)
If after reviewing the information on our website you would like legal advice about your specific situation, please visit our Contact Us page. We would be happy to hear from you.